April 13, 2008

Righting the Wrongs of the Whirled




I just picked up my new turntable yesterday. (See above dramatic photograph)

Now the best place to buy turntables is a music store, not an electronics store. One thing, they tend to have them on hand. Another, they know what the hell they're talking about, since they have to - dealing with DJs and all.

Anyway, today I'm spinning EPIC vinyl. You see, back in early 1969, I traded my copy of "The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter" by the Incredible String Band for "The Moray Eels Eat the Holy Modal Rounders." By this time, it was hard to find the Rounders album. Soon, I lost it, so I was out both discs.

So, finally along comes Sundazed music and reissues both on prime vinyl at about the same time about two years ago. Next, my turntable blows out. One thing and another, here I am just now getting set back up in the vinyl spinning, so I'm listenening to both today.

Holy Hell, are they ever good!

These were two records which could have only been released in that magic year, 1968.

Carpe Diem.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger microdot said...

1968 was the year that lasted 2 lifetimes. I still can't remember which one I liked best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home